APPIC Members-News E-Mail List
The APPIC "Members-News" e-mail list provides APPIC-member Training Directors with news and information about APPIC and important issues in training. The APPIC Board of Directors, APPIC staff, and APPIC committee members use this list to distribute information to Training Directors. Only APPIC-member Training Directors, APPIC Board members, and other APPIC staff are allowed to subscribe to this list. Students are not permitted to subscribe to this list.
The APPIC Board of Directors has determined that, in order to facilitate communication between APPIC and its members, all APPIC-member Training Directors who have e-mail addresses are required to be subscribed to this list.
This is an announce-only list. You will not be able to send messages to other list subscribers. Only APPIC personnel are authorized to post messages to this list.
Managing Your Subscription
There are two ways for you to communicate with APPIC's e-mail list server (called "Lyris") in order to manage your list subscription:
- Send commands to the server via e-mail (see the information below for the specific commands to use).
- Use the Lyris web interface. This method allows you to use your browser to subscribe or unsubscribe, manage your subscription, review message archives, etc. When using the web interface to manage an existing list subscription, you MUST login using the EXACT e-mail address at which you are subscribed (this e-mail address appears at the end of every message posted to the list) and a blank password. Due to the idiosyncrasies of e-mail, sometimes you are subscribed to a list under a slightly different address than you might think. If you are having difficulty, be sure that you are entering the e-mail address that is listed at the end of each message that you receive from the list.
Subscribing to this list requires the approval of APPIC. To subscribe to this list, send an e-mail to the APPIC List Manager, Dr. Cecelia Sun, at ListManager@appic.org with a request to join the list along with the following information: your name, your APPIC member ID number, and the name, city, and state of your agency. Once your APPIC membership status has been verified, you will be subscribed to this list and you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
The APPIC Board has established that all APPIC-member Training Directors are required to be subscribed to this list. If you are no longer the Training Director at an APPIC-member program and wish to unsubscribe from this list, please contact the APPIC List Manager, Dr. Cecelia Sun, at ListManager@appic.org for assistance.
Only authorized APPIC personnel are allowed to post to this list.
Changing Your E-mail Address
Please contact the APPIC List Manager, Dr. Cecelia Sun, at ListManager@appic.org for assistance with changing your e-mail address.
Accessing Message Archives
No archives are kept of messages posted to this list.
Due to the low volume of e-mail that is generated by the Members-News list, the "Digest" feature is not available on this list.
Viewing Your List Settings
To determine your current subscription settings for this list, send a blank e-mail message to: email@example.com .
If you want to see a summary of the APPIC lists to which you are subscribed, simply send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org wiith the following two commands on the first two lines of the body of your message:
Rules for using this List
The following rules apply to all of APPIC's e-mail lists, and subscribing to a list denotes your agreement to abide by these rules as a condition of your subscription. Each APPIC list may have additional rules or guidelines.
- Do not use the list for illegal or unethical purposes.
- Do not interfere with or disrupt other list users, list resources, or network services or equipment.
- Do not use the list for commercial purposes.
- Do not show disrespect for the points of view of others.
- Postings must be related to the general topic and purpose of the list.
- APPIC is not responsible for postings on its e-mail lists.
- As of March 10, 2014, requests for research participation are no longer permitted on APPIC's e-mail lists. Research conducted through e-mail list postings can be seriously flawed due to the inability to define the sample, poor response rates, outdated list membership, and lack of generalizability of the sample. Researchers who wish to contact APPIC-member internship and postdoctoral programs may purchase a mailing list from the APPIC Central Office (available at no cost to APPIC Members and Doctoral Program Associates).
The Members-News list has the following additional rules:
- Only APPIC-member internship and postdoctoral Training Directors are eligible to subscribe to this list.
- The APPIC Board of Directors has determined that all APPIC-member Training Directors are required to be subscribed to this list.
APPIC may remove from the list any list member who does not abide by these rules.
If you need assistance with any APPIC list, please contact the APPIC List Manager, Dr. Cecilia Sun, at ListManager@appic.org .