APPIC Members-Network E-Mail List
The APPIC "Members-Network" e-mail list is restricted to APPIC-member Training Directors and APPIC Board members and staff. Students are not permitted to subscribe to this list. This list allows APPIC-member Training Directors to exchange ideas and share information regarding a broad range of topics in the training of professional psychologists. This is an all-to-all discussion list, and any list subscriber may post messages to the list.
Managing your subscription
There are two ways for you to communicate with APPIC's e-mail
list server (called "Lyris") in order to manage your list
- Send commands to the server via e-mail (see the information below for the specific commands to use).
- Use the Lyris web interface.
This method allows you to use your browser to subscribe or
unsubscribe, manage your subscription, review message archives,
etc. When using the web interface to manage an existing list
subscription, you MUST login using the EXACT e-mail address at which you
are subscribed (this e-mail address appears at the end of every
message posted to the list) and a blank password. Due to the
idiosyncrasies of e-mail, sometimes you are subscribed to a list under a
slightly different address than you might think. If you are having
difficulty, be sure that you are entering the e-mail address that
is listed at the end of each message that you receive from the
Subscribing to this list requires the approval of APPIC. To subscribe to
this list, send an e-mail to the APPIC List Manager, Dr. Cecelia
Sun, at ListManager@appic.org
with a request to join the list along with the following
information: your name, your APPIC member ID number, and the name,
city, and state of your agency. Once your APPIC membership status has
been verified, you will be subscribed to this list and you will
receive a confirmation e-mail.
To unsubscribe from this e-mail list, simply send a blank e-mail to:
must send this e-mail message from the exact address at which you are
subscribed to the list. If you have difficulty, use the web interface
(described under "Managing your Subscription" above).
Please contact the APPIC List Manager, Dr. Cecelia Sun, at ListManager@appic.org for assistance with changing your e-mail address.
Accessing Message Archives
No archives are kept of messages posted to this list.
APPIC's "Network" e-mail lists can sometimes generate a
considerable amount of e-mail. If you set the "Digest" option for your
subscription to this list, you will receive a maximum of one e-mail
message each day that contains all of the messages posted to the list
during the previous 24 hours. Using the "Digest" option is a great way
to stay involved with an active list without getting flooded with
There are two types of "Digest" settings that you can use -- the regular setting works best for most people:
The regular "Digest" setting, which works well with all e-mail programs
but has the disadvantage of not preserving the special formatting that
is present in some messages. To turn on the regular "Digest" setting for
this list, send a blank e-mail message to:
The "MIME Digest" setting. The advantage to this setting is that it
preserves message formatting. However, some e-mail programs receive MIME
Digests as attachments, making them much more difficult to read (some
e-mail programs, such as Eudora, allow you to change a setting so this
won't happen). To turn on the "MIME Digest" setting for this list, send a
blank e-mail message to:
completely turn off the "Digest" option for this list, which means that
you will receive individual messages as they are posted to the list,
send a blank e-mail message to:
Viewing Your List Settings
To determine your current subscription settings for this list, send a blank e-mail message to: email@example.com .
If you want to see a summary of the APPIC lists to which you are subscribed, simply send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following two commands on the first two lines of the body of your message:
Rules for Using this List
The following rules apply to all of APPIC's e-mail lists, and
subscribing to a list denotes your agreement to abide by these rules as a
condition of your subscription. Each APPIC list may have additional rules or guidelines.
- Do not use the list for illegal or unethical purposes.
- Do not interfere with or disrupt other list users, list resources, or network services or equipment.
- Do not use the list for commercial purposes.
- Do not show disrespect for the points of view of others.
- Postings must be related to the general topic and purpose of the list.
- APPIC is not responsible for postings on its e-mail lists.
- As of March 10, 2014, requests for research participation are no longer permitted on APPIC's e-mail lists. Research conducted through e-mail list postings can be seriously flawed due to the inability to define the sample, poor response rates, outdated list membership, and lack of generalizability of the sample. Researchers who wish to contact APPIC-member internship and postdoctoral programs may purchase a mailing list from the APPIC Central Office (available at no cost to APPIC Members and Doctoral Program Associates).
The MEMBERS-NETWORK list has the following additional rule:
- Only APPIC-member internship and postdoctoral Training Directors are eligible to subscribe to this list.
APPIC may remove
from the list any list member who does not abide by these rules.
If you need assistance with any APPIC list, please contact the APPIC List Manager, Dr. Cecilia Sun, at ListManager@appic.org .